Cisco Customer Experience has globally distributed team dedicated to creating standardized document templates and processes for our internal technical and project management teams to consume. This team is creating the documents which are being delivered to our customers. These documents are the foundations for our customers infrastructure and security needs. It is critical that our documents are written in a consistent, structured and comprehensive manner irrespective of the customer location.
We are looking for an experienced technical writer, passionate about this work, and looking to join a collaborative and fun team.
Technical Writer will work in a diverse team of technical writers to create best-in-breed documentation templates which will be used by our technical teams to create customer facing documents. All document templates will need to be input into Cisco collaboration platform, which requires a little technical ability on your part. For this Cisco will provide all the training and support required to get the candidate up and running.
The role will require to help the team with the following:
• Work with internal teams to agree on standards, document definitions and general guidelines for all documents we produce
• Input technical content provided by Cisco subject matter experts into documents which can then be shared with a global community for consumption
• Recreate diagrams provided by technical experts into easily understandable visual representations of technical content
• Review document templates created by subject matter experts to ensure the documents readability, structure and language meet the required standards.
Documents we deliver include but are not limited to
• Architecture Blueprints
• High level and low level designs
• Implementation Plans
• Test Documents
• Technical Audits
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• 5+ years of technical writing experience
• Fluent English (must have)
• Experience in working with subject matter experts (SME’s)..
• Open to learn how to use a new documentation automation platform
• Bachelor degree in English, Computer Science, or related field
• Familiar with documentation architecture and tools such as Confluence, Jira, Salesforce, and Graphic (or other diagramming tool)
• Knowledge of network technology and industry overall is big plus