Contractor: Data Modelers
Flint is looking for Data Modelers to support our client, a global provider of database and analytics-related software, products, and services.
DM/BA’s role is a multi-faceted role, active as part of end-to-end project delivery as well as in pre-sales cycles for business exploration.
DM/BAs are responsible for the delivery of the business analysis and data design workstream for services delivery and must have a deep understanding of the fine points of the data arena: data warehousing, big data, data usage, tools, and analytics, in order to extract the correct requirements from clients and correctly design solution from data perspective.
Responsibilities and duties:
As a DM/BA, you are responsible for the business analysis and data design workstream using industry recognized methodologies and processes, including activities such as but not limited to:
- Data design – data modelling, data flow, data transformations
- Workstream scoping, planning and execution
- Requirements elicitation, definition and management (functional, non-functional) and associated documentation lifecycles
- Communications and stakeholder management
- Prototyping and UAT.
- Mapping business rules to logical model
- Perform recommendation for transfer of logical model to Physical model
- 8+ years’ experience in similar role
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related areas is desirable
- Knowledge/Experience in Data warehousing, big data, data modelling and data analysis
- Industry experience from one or more core industries (e.g. finance, insurance, Government, Taxation, telco) preferably Government.
- Familiarity with both traditional and agile IT project delivery and development cycles
- Requirements documentation and information gathering techniques
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic with experience preparing and managing documentation of senior-level client deliverables in both languages.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail focussed, resourceful, decisive, composed, problem-solver, flexible and adaptable
- Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organizational teams
- On hands experience in modeling using Inmon and Kimball methodologies. Detail knowledge of both the techniques is required (M)
Skills, Knowledge & Experience (M = Must have; S = Should have):
- Data architecture and data modelling (M)
- Data analysis (M)
- Advanced SQL (S)
- Data integration principles (M)
- Data integration software (S)
- BI tools: specification, development, and use (e.g. Tableau/QlikView/BO) (S)
- Requirements management tools: e.g. JIRA, Jama, Trello (S)
- DataOps and DevOps tools and principles (like git, Jenkins, code automation tools) (S)
Location: Saudi Arabia and Egypt with some opportunities in Europe
Please submit your applications by December 17th 2021.
For more information and to apply contact Mark Ormsby at firstname.lastname@example.org