Contractor: Senior Business Analysts
Flint is looking for Senior Business Analysts to support our client, a global provider of database and analytics-related software, products, and services.
The Business Analyst role is a multi-faceted role active as part of end-to-end project delivery as well as in pre-sales cycles for business exploration.
Business Analysts are responsible for helping to define their analytic outcomes and then delivery of the business analytics workstream for services delivery and must have a deep understanding of the business domain as well as the fine points of the data arena: data warehousing, big data, data usage, tools and analytics, to extract the correct requirements from our clients.
Key responsibilities / accountabilities:
You must have high levels of self-motivation, excellent relationship management and the ability to communicate with both technical and business stakeholders in industry-appropriate terminology.
On engagement, you will be responsible for the full business analytics workstream using industry standard methodologies and processes, including but not limited to –
- Helping to define strategic and tactical analytic outcomes for business.
- Development and implementation of data governance framework.
- Workstream scoping, planning and execution.
- Requirements management and associated documentation management.
- Communications and stakeholder management.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse applications, and big data analytics.
- Development and implementation of data strategy outcomes for clients.
- A strong understanding of Data Governance and the experience and ability to assist clients to implement data governance policies and capabilities.
- Data analysis including data transformation rules specification.
- Familiarity with both traditional and agile IT project delivery and development cycles.
- Excellent written and oral English, with experience preparing and managing documentation of senior-level client deliverables.
- Information gathering techniques such as workshops, meeting facilitation and interviewing experience.
- Requirements documentation techniques; Epics, User Stories, Use Cases, Functional, Non-functional.
- Experience in prototyping techniques.
- Experience using diagramming techniques to visualise data flows, current and future state process diagrams.
- Industry experience from one or more core industries (finance, insurance, retail, government).
- Business organisation change implementation and management.
- Experience or knowledge of testing methodologies and supporting business users with UAT testing.
Technical Competencies- Understanding and/or experience in the following:
- Experience with and understanding of data architectures (staging, integration and semantic layers).
- Ability to understand relational and dimensional data models.
- Knowledge of analytic/programming languages e.g. SQL, Python or R.
- Understanding of BI toolset spectrum and relevant usage, such as with data visualization and reporting.
- Understanding of advanced analytics and data science.
- Requirements management tools: (e.g. JIRA, Quality Centre).
- 10+ years in Business analysis or data analysis experience.
- Qualifications in IT related domain.
- Detail focused, resourceful, decisive, problem-solver, flexible and adaptable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong skills in stakeholder management and customer service; able to manage complex relationships and organisations.
- Organisational competence and the ability to communicate at all levels, experience with large and high-profile organisations.
- Strong influencing skills to manage key decision-makers in highly political environments.
- Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organisational teams.
- Fast learner, able to quickly learn and understand new technical and business concepts.
Location: Saudi Arabia and Egypt with some opportunities in Europe
Please submit your applications by December 17th 2021.
For more information and to apply contact Mark Ormsby at firstname.lastname@example.org