Contractor: Senior Data Scientist (Cairo, Egypt)
Flint is looking for Senior Data Scientists to support our client, a global provider of database and analytics-related software, products, and services.
Data Science teams at our Tier 1 Client deliver business insights and value to clients through big data analytics. Our client’s data solutions integrate into engineering and decision-making processes. Additionally, they offer advisory services to their clients including use case prioritization, tool selection, training, and capability definitions.
We are looking for data scientists that are…
- Highly self-motivated
- Keen on learning and continuous self-development
- Challengers of assumptions and status quo
As a data scientist, you will independently and as part of a team:
- Perform all the phases of a data science project: business understanding, data understanding and preparation, exploratory analysis, modeling, model evaluation, communicating results and business value of a model to the client and finally deploying your data product.
- Follow team development processes.
- Based on the nature of the project and the available tools, quickly learn and adapt to different technologies and tools than the ones you are used to.
As a senior, you are expected to:
- Lead and mentor data scientists in client projects.
- Focus on the business value of the data product.
- Interface more frequently with clients.
- Improve team processes.
- Be tools agnostic.
- Sc. or equivalent working experience in data science / machine learning
- Analytical rigor
- Proficient in either R or Python
- Intermediate level in either C, Java, C++, or C#
- Intermediate level in SQL
- Intermediate level in Matlab
- Software engineering knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical & business presentation skills
- Ability to conduct pre-sales presentations
- Sc. or Ph.D. in machine learning or a relevant discipline.
- Solid understanding of deep learning techniques
- Expert level in Python including Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn
- Expert level in SQL and R
- Software engineering background (Agile methodologies, Git, continuous development, etc.)
- Familiar with PySpark and MLlib
- Familiar with Excel, Tableau or PowerBI for visualization
- Familiar with SPSS Modeler and SAS Enterprise Miner for modeling
- Familiar with SAS and SPSS Statistics for statistical analysis
- Familiar with either Teradata, Oracle, or Microsoft SQL Server
- Specialized in a data science area such as NLP, Speech recognition, or image processing
- Have considerable experience in any of the following domains: telco, government, or banking
- Professional consulting background at the corporate level
- Excellent sales and public speaking skills
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Please submit your applications by December 17th 2021.
For more information and to apply contact Mark Ormsby at email@example.com