Who We Are
We have been using our skills and experience to help mobile service providers and vendors design and build brilliant mobile data networks that delight their users since 1999.
Today the Flint team combines decades of telecoms and networking experience, coupled with the business insight, project management skills and resourcing capabilities that make mobile data projects happen quickly and efficiently.
Although our industry has changed dramatically since Flint was founded, we have kept the same core values:
- Specialist – we provide specialist people, projects and training
- Timely – we have the expertise and resources you need, when you need them
- Flexible – we build the right team for the project, every time
- Value for money – we deliver value by getting it right first time
- Cutting edge – we have a deep knowledge of current, new and emerging technologies
- Independent – we’re not tied to specific vendors or systems
- Flint Projects – delivery of projects and solutions for mobile networks, from concept through to acceptance
- Flint Specialists – highly skilled professionals and teams that enable mobile projects and solutions worldwide
- Flint Academy – tailored technical training for service providers and vendors.
Meet the Team
The team at Flint combines decades of knowledge and expertise in mobile data projects, people and training. We use our knowledge to help mobile service providers and vendors design and integrate rock solid mobile data networks, worldwide.
Neil Burbidge: Managing Director
Neil has been Managing Director of Flint since 2002 and has 30 years of experience in the telecomms industry. Neil has a background in network rollout, integration, test and verification. He has extensive international experience including having held long-term assignments in Denmark, Sweden, the Netherlands, USA and South Africa. He has led Flint from being a small telecoms consultancy business to a major service delivery organisation managing integration projects in the UK and internationally with revenues in excess of $15 Million.
Scott Moore: Director and Head of Products
Scott is a Director of Flint and has 30 years experience in the telecoms industry. Scott has a background in the design, integration and verification fields of data services and IP networking for mobile and fixed network. During his career, he has worked for and on behalf of a number of major vendors and operators including GPT, T-Mobile, Ericsson and Starent Networks. Although predominantly technical, Scott is also highly commercially astute, having worked with marketing departments to realise their service offerings as well as building and validating their business cases.
Keith Barker: Director and Head of Solutions
Keith is a co-founder and a Director of Flint and has over 30 years of experience in the telecommunications industry, having worked for companies including Lucent, Bell Labs and Ericsson. Keith is a specialist in the design, integration and verification of SS7, wireless data and IP networking on mobile networks. He has worked for and on behalf of a number of major vendors and operators including BT, Ericsson, Inmarsat and O2. He heads up Flint’s technical solutions and product development portfolios.
Alan Bryant: Director & Head of Operations
Alan is co-founder and a Director of Flint and has worked in the telecoms industry since leaving University in 1994. He specialises in value added service platforms, particularly within the messaging domain for areas such as Unified Messaging, SMS and MMS and has extensive experience in design, integration, verification and acceptance, having worked for and on behalf of various major vendors and operators. Alan is responsible for ensuring Flint’s compliance with its ISO 9001, 14001, 27001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications.
Richard Taylor: Services Manager
Richard has been working in mobile communications since 1998 and has extensive experience of Small Cells, PCRF, IN, VAS and platform deployments, as well as mobile network integration and verification. He has worked with industry leaders including Samsung, Motorola and Hutchison 3G. Richard joined Flint in 2013 with a remit to manage the company’s training capabilities, as well as driving business development and leading account management throughout the organisation.
Our Technical Specialisms
• Evolved Mobile Packet Core
• IP and Backhaul Transport
• Mobile Circuit Switched Core
• Policy Control & Charging (PCRF)
• Radio Access Networks (MW/Macro/Small Cell)
• NFV, SDN, SON, Network Orchestration
• Operational Support Systems
Why Choose Flint?• It’s easy to do business with us
• Trust and flexibility are key
• Cost-effective, best value services
• We get it right first time
• Dynamically scale the resources you need
• Easy access to deep telecom expertise
• Fast mobilisation of technical specialists
• Save time with expert project management